Purpose of this Policy
The purpose of the Having a Baby in Queensland website (www.havingababy.org.au) is to provide non-directive information and decision support tools to women in Queensland about before pregnancy, pregnancy, labour and birth and the post birth period. The site is primarily intended for maternity care consumers - women in Queensland who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant, or who have recently given birth. The site might also be useful for those that provide maternity care consumers with support and care (e.g., family, friends, GPs, midwives, obstetricians, child health nurses).
There may be occasions where it is appropriate for the Having a Baby in Queensland website to provide a link to an external website that also provides perinatal information. This policy is designed to guide whether the Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies will approve requests to link to external websites (or request to link to external websites themselves) as part of the development of the Having a Baby in Queensland website.
The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies will approve requests to link to external websites that:
- Are deemed to support and/or meet the informational needs of maternity care consumers in Queensland or other stakeholders of maternity care in the state
- Contain up-to-date, accurate, and verifiable information
- Are regularly reviewed, well-maintained, and consistently available
- Contain information about the website owners and how they can be contacted
- Contain information about funding sources
- Contain information about when the website was last updated
- Have implemented measures of quality assurance (that are outlined on the website)
- Are well organised and user-friendly, with appropriate layout for users
- Are in line with the purpose, aims and priorities of the Having a Baby in Queensland website
The Having a Baby in Queensland Website team will not approve requests to link to external websites that:
- Contain illegal, offensive, or defamatory content
- Contain misleading or unsubstantiated information
- Exist primarily for commercial purposes (i.e., to promote a service or product). An exception to this policy is the provision of links in Birthplace to licensed private health facilities with birthing services
- Contain a high amount of advertising for services or products (in the absence of other, useful content)
- Require a fee to access
- Require registration to access informational content (registration for other components of the website, such as newsletters or forums, is acceptable)
- Promote or oppose a religious or political organisation or person running for office
It is desirable but not mandatory that linked websites also, themselves, have a website linking policy.
We may provide links to external websites that do not meet all criteria set out in this policy if the information provided on the website is sufficiently valuable, is exclusive to that website, and/or is deemed consistent with the mission of the Having a Baby in Queensland website.
We will not link to external websites in exchange for cash, services or public endorsement.
Website Link Request Process
Organisations that would like to request a link to its website should, after reading this policy, complete and submit the Links Request Form to the Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies.
Terms and Conditions
The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies reserves the right to reject website link requests that do not comply with our external links policy or do not fulfil items in the Having a Baby in Queensland website external links criteria checklist. The Centre may also remove a link at any time without notice to the site owner if the link does not remain functional or if the linked website changes in such as way as to no longer meet the criteria set out in this policy.
External Links Disclaimer
The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies is not responsible for the content of websites to which links are provided and it does not monitor the accuracy of information provided on linked websites. Instances where the Having a Baby in Queensland website provides a link to an external website do not necessarily imply that The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies endorses the activities or views of that organisation. We also may link to websites that contain chat-rooms and bulletin boards, however the views and opinions presented on these forums belong to individuals who expressed them and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies.
Proactive Website Linking
In instances where The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies wishes to proactively insert a link to an external website on the Having a Baby in Queensland website, we will do the following:
1. Consult the to-be linked website to determine if it has an external website links policy
2. If required, obtain permission to link to the website and request notification from the website owners if the linked website address is changed or becomes inactive,
Notify the owners of the to-be linked website of our intention to link to the website and request notification from the website owners if the linked website address is changed or becomes inactive
Guidelines for External Websites Linking to the Having a Baby in Queensland website
External websites may proactively link to the Having a Baby in Queensland website without permission under the following conditions:
- No endorsement by or affiliation with The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies is stated or implied on the linking website
- Linking websites are not permitted to use, alter, or replicate images, taglines or other materials from the Having a Baby in Queensland website, including The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies logo, without our permission
- Links to www.havingababy.org.au must open the website in its original form, in a new, full browser window (not framed within the linking website or with any advertising).
- External organisations cannot copy or reproduce information presented in this website – they may only link to this website
- To ensure that inbound links remain functional, we encourage organisations to link only to our homepage (www.havingababy.org.au) as the content of ‘deeper’ website pages may be updated and moved without notice. We also encourage the owners of linking websites to periodically check the functionality of links to our website
The Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies reserves the right to amend this policy at any time without notice. This policy was last updated on 22 April, 2010